News

CoD: CWL Week 1 Recap

Fri 15th Jan 2016 - 2:35pm : General : Gaming

On Tuesday 12th of January, exceL eSports’s CoD team began their journey as part of the Call of Duty World League. The team, consisting of Zach ‘Zed’ Denyer, Nick ‘Nolson’ Nolson, Shea ‘QwiKeR’ Sweeney and Brain ‘Braaain’ Fairlamb, qualified for the League via the online qualifiers after narrowly missing out on an invitation to the LAN qualifiers in Cologne.

Our inaugural match saw us take on PuLse Gaming of France. The team came out the blocks flying with a 250-65 win on Fringe Hardpoint, with Zed being the standout player obtaining over 40 kills and nearly 2 minutes in the hill. Breach Search and Destroy started as map one ended with exceL taking a clean sweep 6-0 victory, outslaying PuLse 24-5! The third and final map was Infection Uplink and the boys closed out the series 3-0 with a dominating 10-0 scoreline.

SplycePro were our second opponents of the week - a team featuring two former exceL players in Bance and Vortex. Day 2 started as well as day one ended, with the team taking out Splyce with an almost identical scoreline of 250-64 on Evac Hardpoint. Map two saw exceL drop their first map of the league with Splyce taking a convincing 6-2 victory on Stronghold Search and Destroy. exceL bounced back with an equally convincing 14-2 win on Fringe Uplink, taking the series to 2-1 in our favour. The series came to a nail-biting end with exceL overcoming Splyce with a 5-3 victory on Breach Capture the Flag, with a caster disconnect leaving spectators unable to watch the second half of the match and relying on social media updates to know the ifnal result.

Overall, after our two games of week 1, we currently have a flawless 2-0 record with only one map dropped. The team performed incredibly well as a collective and individual accolades were received for both QwiKeR and Zed (see below) with the latter picking up Jack “CouRage” Dunlop’s European MVP award.

Next week brings two exciting games, firstly against the underperforming roster from Spain, Giants Gaming on Tuesday and then on Wednesday we compete in a highly-anticipated series against our UK rivals, Team Infused. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled on Twitter for further updates as the team looks to continue its unbeaten streak.

exceL_eSports

exceL_eSports

exceL eSports

Your Comments

• Fri 3rd Apr 2020 - 11:51am

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post  candles

• Sun 29th Mar 2020 - 10:11am

A debt of gratitude is in order for an extremely intriguing online journal. What else may I get that sort of data written in such an ideal methodology? dewapoker

• Thu 20th Feb 2020 - 6:42am

Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! candy crush game soda

• Sat 15th Feb 2020 - 2:22pm

I couldn't discover any learning on this issue earlier to.Also work a site and on the off chance that you are ever keen on doing a few. linq at beauty world condo

• Fri 24th Jan 2020 - 11:38am

A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside the effort to talk about this, I feel unequivocally about it and love adapting more on this theme. On the off chance that conceivable, as you gain ability, OK mind refreshing your blog with more data? It is amazingly useful for me. plus size dress navy

• Tue 21st Jan 2020 - 8:31pm

I understand this column. I realize You put a many of struggle to found this story. I admire your process. Binged

• Sun 19th Jan 2020 - 6:58am

Great formed article. It will be unfaltering to any person who uses it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can'r hold up to scrutinize more posts. kiss daniel

• Fri 17th Jan 2020 - 1:55pm

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. 토토사이트

• Mon 13th Jan 2020 - 11:09am

wow this good but ,I like your post and good pics may be any peoples not like because defrent mind all poeple , scalp sores scabs

• Thu 9th Jan 2020 - 6:40am

Much appreciated such a great amount for this data. I need to tell you I agree on a few of the focuses you make here and others might require some further survey, however I can see your perspective. quality backlinks

• Tue 7th Jan 2020 - 5:04pm

You bear through a awesome vacancy. I sanity definitely quarry it moreover personally suggest to my buddys. I am self-possessed they determination be benefited from this scene. seo

• Mon 6th Jan 2020 - 7:30am

Persons appreciate shopping for amazing, appealing, fascinating and from time to time attractive aromas for them selves and pertaining to others. This can be executed conveniently along with inexpensively in an on-line perfume shop. 토토사이트

• Sat 21st Dec 2019 - 7:37am

Personally, I have found that to remain probably the most fascinating topics when it draws a parallel to. You may find two to three new levels inside L . a . Weight loss and any one someone is incredibly important. Initial stage may be real melting away rrn the body. lose weight Professional It Solution

• Mon 9th Dec 2019 - 6:41am

I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made recorded as a hard copy this article. I am trusting a similar best work from you later on also. Truth be told your exploratory writing capacities has motivated me to begin my very own BlogEngine blog now. Extremely the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your review is a fine case of it. coolpicking.com

• Mon 9th Dec 2019 - 5:21am

Such an extremely valuable article. Extremely fascinating to peruse this article.I might want to thank you for the endeavors you had made for composing this wonderful article. indian clothing

• Fri 6th Dec 2019 - 6:17am

This sort of looks like without a doubt wonderful. A lot of these microscopic truth is built utilising combination in qualifying criteria know-how. As i support the objective a whole lot. 바카라사이트

• Tue 3rd Dec 2019 - 12:01pm

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. one holland village

• Sat 30th Nov 2019 - 7:04pm

Very captivating on the web diary. A ton of web diaries I see these days don't for the most part give whatever I'm enthused about, anyway I'm without a doubt propelled by this one. As of late felt that I would post and tell you. 토토사이트

• Tue 26th Nov 2019 - 8:19am

A debt of gratitude is in order for an extremely intriguing online journal. What else may I get that sort of data written in such an ideal methodology? Download latest web series

• Mon 25th Nov 2019 - 12:13pm

Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. faith apparel

Please register or login to post comments